Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah, the APC governorship candidate in Abia state has explained to Abians the reasons why he is more qualified that any other candidate standing elections in tomorrows governorship and state house of assembly elections.
In a press release on Thursday by his special adviser on media, he highlighted so many points of development that the state stands in dire need of and explained how he is more positioned to solve the problems of the state much more than any other candidate, Dr. Ogah in the press release said,
I have come to serve, not to play politics. I have come to lead, not to rule. I am in the race, for Abia Government House to make a difference, not to make a point.
Today, Abia State is at a critical juncture of decision making as to who will take over the baton of leadership in May, to liberate the State to fulfill its potentials and destiny. As we look forward to better days ahead, there is the crying need for a compassionate and vision-driven leader, that will stand up to inspire our people and roll up his sleeves to work to make Abia State the land of progress and prosperity that we all desire.
Ours should not be the normal kind of development; what we deserve now is radical transformation in Abia State.
Personally, I believe that true greatness in life lies in fulfilling a purpose higher than self. I have always had the progress of our State and the well-being of our people on my mind. The noble passion for selfless service to humanity drives me and my success in business also inspires me to want to use my private sector experience to help liberate our state and to help her to prosperity, growth and development.
Now, as someone who is aspiring to become the governor of Abia State in May, by the grace of God and the will of the people, I envision a brighter future for our people and I have some well-thought-out ideas on how we can move Abia State forward. Every detail is in my manifesto.
In a nutshell, I envision a greater Abia State of the future where there will be:
1. Better welfare for our workers and pensioners
2. Massive Agricultural Revolution
3. Extended Integrated Infrastructure and Industrial Revolution
4. Refocused Aba and New Abia City Development
5. Integrated Rural Development, Urban Renewal and Sanitation Scheme
6. Inclusive Economic Empowerment
7. Job Wealth Creation
8. Citizens Participation
9. Leadership Anchored on Consultation, Good Governance, Fair Play, Justice and Equity
10. Investment-friendly Policies to Attract Direct local & Foreign Investments
11. Invigorated Technology-based Crime Control and General Security
12. Quality Education and Human Resource Development
13. Quality Healthcare
14. Rural Electrification and the Provision of Potable Water
15. Promotion of Trade, Commerce, industry and Tourism
16. Women, Youth and Sports Development
At this juncture, you may ask: why does Dr Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah deserve to be the next governor of Abia State out of many illustrious aspiring sons and daughters of our State who are also qualified to contest?
Sincerely, my simple but honest answer is this: I have what it takes. And I can tick off the reasons from the five fingers of my hand.
1. I Have Invested in Abia State more than any other. Now, this is not about personal ego or making empty promises. I have proven my love for our dear state by investing my resources in it when some other elites from our state were taking resources from our state to other places. I took the risk to do it not because it was profitable but because of my determination to see our state develop. I have supported our people in every way I could, not because I have more than others but because I like to see our people happy.
2. I Have an Idea on how to Fast-track Development of Abia State. I am interested in the mantle of leadership of Abia State because I have the idea of what we can do to transform our dear state. Before now, I have supported those who have governed our state in the past; I have offered advice, made sacrifices and financial contributions to push government initiatives in an effort to see our state develop.
But I think that more needs to be done. Having tried my best as an ordinary indigene of our dear state, having seen the limit to what one can do as an ordinary citizen, I believe that my vision for our state can be realised when I have the mandate of our people. I am convinced that I can do more to get our state on the road to fast-tracked development if I am given the opportunity to lead the process.
3. I Will Deploy My Experience to Change Abia Story for good. I appreciate the effort of past leaders who have led our state from inception to date. But I think it is high time my generation applied new strategies that will see us develop faster.
Yes, I am not the only qualified person in the state to do the job. Hence, I have nothing against my other brothers and sisters who are offering themselves to lead the state from other political parties. But from my experience in the private sector, my relationship with world-class leaders and my exposure to how things are done in other climes, I know exactly what we can do to make Abia prosperous. I know the steps we can take to change our story for good. By the grace of God, I have done it in the private sector and the records are there to show my grass to grace story. I have the personal discipline, the vision and the passion required to drive a team of other Abia professionals to bring positive change to Abia state.
4. I Have the Capacity to TACKLE the Abia State Challenge. I am not interested in castigating others. I am not interested in money or what I can make out of office. By the grace of God, I have enough to take care of me and my family. My only concern is how we can develop our state and build a brighter rewarding future for our children.
I know there are challenges we have to face and I am ready to square up with it and to bring development to our people.
5. Abia State Cannot Continue this Way in 2019. Abia cannot afford to continue the way it is today. We have the potential to become a well-developed state that people from other parts of the country and the world will like to visit, work, live and enjoy. We can no longer continue to stand aloof and complain when we know we can make a difference. Leadership is
about responsibility and I lam ready to take responsibility for the future of Abia State.
Above all else, my fear of God and passion for making others happy is what I consider the best of my virtues. I have been pioneering philanthropic efforts that have helped thousands of widows, orphans and vulnerable youths overcome the burdens of their vulnerabilities through a scholarship programme and empowerment capital and in-kind support to start new lives. My love for humanity stems from my deep fear of God and my genuine Christian values. I have always wanted to be remembered as a compassionate humanitarian whose life has been dedicated to the pursuit of good life for the people.
My name is Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah and I am running for the office of Governor of Abia State on the platform of our great party the All Progressives Congress (APC). I have come to seek your support. I desire your prayers. I covet your goodwill. Like Martin Luther King, I have a dream. I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of Abia State shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together. This is our hope. This shall be our story.
God bless the All Progressives Congress (APC)
God bless Abia State
Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah (OON, FCA)
Office Of The Special Adviser To Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah On Media